Increase brand consideration
Facebook offers many advertising objectives to help you reach your business goals. Your ad objective is what you want people to do when they see your ads.
Consideration objectives get people to start thinking about your business and look for more information about it.
What’s the Traffic objective?
The Traffic objective is designed to drive people to your website or app. With Traffic as your objective, you can create ads that:
- Send people to a destination such as a website, app or Messenger conversation (website clicks)
- Increase the number of people going to your mobile or desktop app (App Engagement)
When you create an ad with the Traffic objective, you can:
- Select where you want to drive traffic: You can select either Website or App to send people to your website or app.
- Target people who have previously installed your app: You can target people who have previously installed your app in the Audience section of ad creation.
What platforms support the Traffic objective?
Which ad formats can I choose from in the Traffic objective?
What’s the Engagement objective?
The Engagement objective is designed to get more people to see and engage with your Facebook post or Page. With Engagement as your objective, you can create ads that:
- Boost your posts (Post Engagement)
- Promote your Page (Page Likes)
- Get people to claim an offer on your Page (Offer Claims)
- Raise attendance at an event on your Page (Event Responses)
What platforms support the Engagement objective?
- Audience Network
Which ad formats can I choose from in the Engagement objective?
App Installs objective
Get more people to install your app, optimise for app events or attract your highest-value customers with value optimisation.
You have a brand-new food delivery app and you want people to install it.
What you’ll need:
- An app that’s registered on the Facebook for Developer’s site.
- You can still run ads through the App Installs objective for an app that isn’t registered, but your ads will automatically optimise for link clicks (people clicking on your ad) instead of App Installs (people installing your app).
- An ad account that’s linked to the app you want to promote.
- You can still run ads for an app using the App Installs objective even if your ad account isn’t linked to it, but your ads will automatically optimise for link clicks (people clicking on your ad) instead of App Installs (people installing your app).
- The Facebook SDK and app events
- You’ll need to integrate the SDK and add app events if you want to optimise for installs, app events or value. You’ll also need the SDK if you want to measure and track installs, app events or value.
Video Views objective
The Video Views objective optimises to get the most plays of your video ad. Show your ads to the audience who are most likely to watch your ad for at least 2 continuous seconds, 15 seconds or longer.
- 2-second continuous video plays