Best practices for posting on your Page
Post frequently: New and frequent posts tell your fans and followers that you’re active, legitimate and care about them as customers. Old or expired posts could imply that your business is closed or isn’t invested in its customers. Use post scheduling to create posts in advance so your Page remains fresh, even when you’re away.
Post content that your followers will care about: The more relatable your content is, the more you’ll be able to connect with your audience. Potential customers who see content that matters to them may be more likely to become fans of your Page or trust your business.
Before you post
When you post something on your Page, your followers may see your post in their News Feed and visit your Page. So before you post, make sure that your Page is filled in and ready for visitors. A complete Page will show people that you’re active and engaged.
Facebook posts: What you need to know
A Page post is a message you share from your Page. Let’s take a look at the features of a post.
Where are posts published?
- Content box. This is where you add text to a post. For example, you can introduce a new product or get your customers excited about an upcoming event.
- Post options. Choose different content types to add to your post.
- Sharing options. Choose where, when and to whom your post will be shown.
Where are posts published?
Your post will show up on your Page’s timeline. It may also appear in the News Feed of people who like or follow your Page.
How to post on your Facebook Business Page
Once you’ve created your Page, write your first post to engage with your Page visitors. Here’s how:
- Go to your Page.
- Enter your text in the Write a post section.
- Once you are finished with your post, select Share Now.
Here are some ideas for first posts:
- Write a welcome post: Create a welcome post for your Page that includes details about your business and why people should like your Page. Provide information about what you’ll share on your Page, such as special offers, updates about your business and more.
- Share meaningful content: Share posts that will engage people and make them want to follow your business.
Pin important information or announcements to the top of your Page so that it’s the first thing people see when they come to your Page.
Create engaging posts with images and video
Adding quality images or videos can enhance your posts and capture people’s attention.
Powerful ideas for Facebook posts
Post with your followers in mind
Before you post, think about what matters to your Page followers and what you’d like to tell or show them:
- Who is your ideal customer or audience?
- Why might they be visiting your Page?
- How can you provide value to them